Due to the early meet time of this trip we suggest you come join us for camping the night before your rafting/fishing trip:
4:00-8:00PM – Check in to our South Fork American River campground for camping the night before you start rafting/fishing. Dinner is not included.
Day 1 of your rafting and fishing adventure
We will meet you in our kitchen around 6:00AM with gear bags for you to fill for your overnight wilderness camping adventure!
- Continental breakfast at camp
- Load up in our shuttle and depart to the put in below the Oxbow Reservoir in Foresthill, CA
- Get to put-in and load fishing gear on rafts with safety talk before we start rafting/fishing!
- We will tackle several the Class 4 Tunnel Chute rapid early on in the trip, followed by several miles of Class 4 rapids.
- The river mellows and the fishing begins as we gently float along the Class 2 sections.
- Lunch is served on river
- We may stop for some riverside fishing and side hikes.
- More and fishing and rafting before we drift into our wilderness camp. Your guides will set up their necessary kitchen gear which you continue to fish.
- Dinner and campfire chats (open flames are often restricted in the hot summer months due to high fire danger)
- The water levels will drop in the evening as this is a dam controlled river. They will pick back up late afternoon so you will have more fishing from camp in the morning.
Day 2 on the Middle Fork American River
- Breakfast in camp followed with fishing, we often enjoy our time at camp and serve lunch before we get back on the river.
- There will be a few more miles of Class 2 fishing and than the Class 4 white water starts again.
- Several miles of Class 4 continue until the take out at the Ruck-A-Chucky campground. The gear boat will take out above the Class 6 Ruck-A-Chucky falls…this rapid is a mandatory portage spot for all commercial rafting guests, but you can watch your talented guide ride down this waterfall!
- There will be drinks served at take out as we travel back to the South Fork American River campground
- We say our fond farewells as you head home or to your next destination … OR maybe you would like to stay another night!