California Whitewater Rafting Online Resources
The following is a list of white water rafting, environmental and industry related links.
Tributary Whitewater Tours does not endorse these sites.
Adventure Travel Insurance
- AIG Travel Guard – Adventure Travel Insurance
- Travel Insurance Review – Travel insurance company reviews and ratings, buying tips and advice to compare travel insurance. Online travel insurance comparison and quotes.
- American River Conservancy – The American River Conservancy is a non-profit organization dedicated to our American River community by protecting and enhancing natural habitats where wildlife can flourish.
- American Whitewater – American Whitewater is the primary advocate for the preservation and protection of whitewater resources throughout the United States, and connects the interests of human-powered recreational river users with ecological and science-based data to achieve the goals within its mission.
- Friends of the River – Friends of the River (FOR) is California’s only statewide river conservation organization. FOR protects and restores rivers by influencing public policy, educating the public, and inspiring grassroots citizen action. FOR is nationally recognized as an authority on the adverse impacts of dams on rivers and ecosystems.
- Save Auburn Ravine Salmon and Steelhead – SARSAS is trying to do with one stream, the Auburn Ravine, what must be done to all streams and rivers on the entire West Coast and that is to make the entire length of the ravine navigable for Anadromous Fish.
- Save Bear River – A community group dedicated to opposing Centennial Dam & Reservoir on the Bear River, as proposed by Nevada Irrigation District (NID).
- South Yuba River Citizens League – SYRCL (pronounced “circle”) is the leading voice for the protection and restoration of the Yuba River and the Greater Yuba Watershed. Founded in 1983 through a rural, grassroots campaign to defend the South Yuba River from proposed hydropower dams, SYRCL has developed into a vibrant community organization with over 3,500 members and volunteers based in Nevada City, CA.
Rafting Equipment, Sports Equipment & Supplies
- AIRE – Whether you run rapids, paddle flat water or explore ocean coasts, AIRE has the right boat for you, plus all the accessories to help you make the most of your time on the water. AIRE is the premium line of U.S.-made inflatable rafts, catarafts and kayaks featuring a best-in-the-business, 10-year, no-fault warranty. Tributary products (by AIRE) are patterned after AIRE designs, Tributary boats are not associated with Tributary Whitewater Tours.
- Buywake – Wakeboard Shop, Wakeboards & Accessories
- Cascade Outfitters – Top quality rafts, kayaks, and river equipment.
- Down River Equipment – Your single source for Whitewater and Float Fishing equipment.
- Man of Rubber – With Over 25 Years of Outfitting River Outfitters Across The Globe – MoR Knows River Gear! Whitewater rafting accessories and raft repair tips.
- NRS – Specializing in kayaking and rafting gear, boating equipment and river supplies.
- River Connection – Whitewater Rafting Supplies Save time and money shop at the River Connection
- SageSport.com – Specializing in: sporting goods, athletic footwear, outdoor footwear, athletic clothing, athletic gear, footwear, swimming, boxing, caps, hats, athletic balls, baseball.
- Water Strider Raft Kickboat – Inflatable Boats for Fishing, Hunting and Whitewater Rafting. The best one man or one woman raft on any river or lake. Expedition river rafting equipment that’s designed for real adventure and unique rafting, fly fishing and river camping gear.
- Xylo Bladz Outrigger Paddles – Xylobladz makes many distinctly different types of outrigger canoe paddles to cater for a variety of experience levels and budgets.
USA Rafting & Adventures
- A Wanderlust Adventure – Colorado raft trips on the Cache la Poudre River near Fort Collins, Estes Park, and Rocky Mountain National Park.
- AAA Adventures Outdoors – West Virginia Rafting – AAA Adventure Outdoors combines white water rafting, outdoor adventures such as kayaking, rock climbing, mountain biking, horseback riding, and more with lodging and other area attractions to custom create the vacation that’s right for you.
- AllAboutRivers Rafting Guidebook – Online whitewater rafting guide for all USA states. Includes photos, outfitters, and trip reviews
- California Whitewater Rafting – Resource for whitewater recreation in California
- California Creeks – A great resource for private boaters. Lesser known creek runs and streams, descriptions, flow data and photos
- Moxie Outdoor Adventures – Specializing in river adventures in New England. Enjoy the thrill of whitewater rafting in Maine and Massachusetts on the Kennebec, Dead, Penobscot, and Deerfield rivers.
- Oregon Fishing Guides & Oregon Fly Fishing Adventures – Tightlines offers exciting Oregon fishing and Idaho fly fishing adventures. We also specialize in Rogue river rafting and Salmon river rafting trips.
- Oregon Rafting and Washington River Rafting – All Star Rafting and Kayaking provides Oregon rafting trips and Washington river rafting trips. Contact us to experience Oregon river rafting
- Tennessee Rafting Trips – Smoky Mountain Outdoors has been providing White Water Rafting in Tennessee on the Big Pigeon River near Smoky Mountain National Park since 1993. All of our Tennessee rafting trips include an experienced guide to keep your adventure safe and enjoyable.
- Whitewater Challengers – a leading whitewater rafting outfitter on the East Coast
Youth & Family Adventures
- Backcountry Unlimited – Backcountry Unlimited provides Adventure Travel Trips for Teens. Escape the everyday and experience life changing adventures to some of the country’s most awe-inspiring places. Backcountry Unlimited trips provide both outdoor veterans and beginners the opportunity to explore the American West. Trip Leaders have local knowledge and skills that will take you out of the guidebooks and into a truly unforgettable experience.
Central & South America Rafting & Adventures
- Futaleufu Explore – Discover Middle Patagonia, where countless rivers open up a world otherwise unseen by the casual traveler.
- Golf in Costa Rica – Reserve golf tours and vacations at all of Costa Rica’s golf courses and resorts. Discounted tee times, local tours, hotels and rental cars too.
- Pescamaya.com – Bonefish and permit fly fishing or light tackle in Ascension Bay. Pescamaya offers the best value all inclusive package in the Area.
- Rio, Aventura y Diversion – whitewater rafting in Mexico in the region of Veracruz. Also visiting archeological sites and enjoying cultural activities in Tlapcoyan & Xalapa.
International Rafting & Adventures
- Rafting India – Brahmaputra River Rafting, Kayaking tours in India by Thunderbowexpeditions.
- Sailing vacation and adventures – Caribbean, Ocean passage, adventure travel news and information about travel destinations, tours and more
California Travel, Accommodations & Rentals
- AirBnB – Rent unique accommodations from local hosts. Feel at home anywhere you go in the world with Airbnb.
- California Vacation Rentals – Search from a great selection of California vacation rentals on AlwaysOnVacation.com including vacation homes, condos, townhouses and other property types directly from owners.
- South Lake Tahoe Vacation Rentals – Lake Tahoe vacation rentals from Tahoe Vacation Guide include the Tahoe Keys Resort and many more homes, cabins and condos in South Lake Tahoe.
- VRBO – California USA vacation rentals by owner including the Gold Country and High Sierra
- San Francisco Travel / Events, Attractions and Hotels – Provides city guide resources, things to do, entertainment, events, and hotel Accommodations in San Francisco CA.
- Trip Advisor – Features accommodations worldwide. Lists Top 10 or 100 in numerous categories including Best Bargains, Best for Families, Best Service, Best Hidden Gems etc.