Whitewater rafting trips near the Redwoods in Northern California is available April-September. This area is home to some of the toughest class 4 & 5 rapids in California, on the Burnt Ranch Gorge section of the Trinity River and the Cal. Salmon and Scott Rivers. For beginner rafters and families with children the Lower Klamath and Main Trinity River make a great family vacation and are available for multi-day rafting trips.
Planning a rafting trip in the Redwoods:
Whitewater rafting trips in the Redwoods can be combined with other many other activities to make a great getaway for many occasions. The area information page for each of the rivers provides links to visitor information for accommodations, camping, mountain biking, hiking, fishing and other places of interest.You can also access these area information resource pages through the site map.
Consider a Redwoods rafting trip for the following:
- A family adventure with camping and additional activities for kids including hiking, biking, and fun logging history.
- A scenic drive through a giant Redwood or along the Pacific Coast Highway (Route 1).
- A picnic on the beach with hiking or whale-watching tour.
- A adventurous weekend getaway for a group.
Popular areas in the Redwood National Forest:[column-group] [column]
- Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park
- Del Norte Coast Redwoods State Park
- Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park
- Crescent City
- Willow Creek