Rafting Excitement just 40 Minutes from the State Capitol!
- For younger kids from 4 years, our Class 2 Lower Middle Fork American River and the South Fork American River trips are the perfect starting place for your little rafter.
- For beginner/intermediate trips the American River is reliable for rafting all summer long with 1/2, 1, and multi day trips. The South Fork American River is the most popular rafting destination and great for families, corporate groups and scout groups!
- For those looking for more of a thrill, the Middle Fork American River provides Class 3-4 action all summer long. The North Fork American and North Yuba are Class 4 options only available during spring and early summer snow melt.
Planning a rafting trip near Sacramento:
Whitewater rafting trips in the Sacramento region can be combined with many other activities to make a great getaway. California’s capitol and the surrounding areas have much to offer visitors and locals. The area information page for each of the rivers provides links to visitor information for accommodations, camping, wineries, mountain biking, hiking, restaurants and other places of interest. You can also access these area information resource pages through the site map.
Consider a Sacramento rafting trip for the following:
- A Romantic weekend for a couple, with overnight options ranging from luxury hotels to cozy B&B’s, theater, wine tasting and plentiful restaurants with world class cuisine.
- A family vacation with camping and additional activities for kids including sporting events, fun historical sites galore, and the Sacramento Zoo.
- Active singles seeking some real adventure and culture; rafting, museums, galleries, and nightlife.
- A quick get away from the Bay Area or Lake Tahoe for just a few hours or for a few days.
Popular areas for rafting near Sacramento:[column-group] [column]
- Citrus Heights
- Rancho Cordova
- Fair Oaks
- Citrus Heights
- Elk Grove