Our North Yuba River Rafting trips are a rare treat for white water rafters! The river is free flowing and trips are typically available from March thru May. The season is dependent upon snowmelt and sometimes does run into June and July!
All trips meet at our North Yuba Campground located within Tahoe National Forest. This is off scenic Highway 49 past Nevada City. 1 day trips include shuttle to/from the put in/take out locations as well as lunch. Wetsuits are usually required for this trip and you are welcome to bring your own or rent one from us.
There are several Class 4 and 5 runs on the North Yuba River including the Maytag (aka Goodyears Bar), Moss Canyon, Rossosco Ravine, and Bullards Bar. The Maytag run is our most popular trip, although the trip will depend on client abilities, flows and weather. We also There is also an Expert run called Wild Plum that is sometimes available for return rafters who have been on Class 4+ with us before.
Maytag / Goodyear’s Bar Run:
- 9 miles
- Goodyears Bar to Rocky Rest Campground
- Starts with Class 2-3+ rapids, many Class 4-4+ rapids to follow
- Class 5 Maytag Rapid after lunch followed by Class 4+ Son of Maytag!
Bullard’s Bar Run:
- 6 miles rafting (plus about 12 miles of boating on Bullard’s Bar Reservoir)
- Raft California North Yuba Camp to Bullards Bar
- Class 3-4+ rapids
- Beautiful Wilderness section!
Moss Canyon Run:
- 6 miles
- Union Flat to Downieville, CA
- Continuous Class 4-5 action including Ramshorn & Two Pair Rapids
- Highlight is the 3 Class 5 drops in a row – Floss Moss, Toss Moss & the big one, Boss Moss!
Rosassco Ravine Run:
- 4 miles
- Downieville, CA to Goodyear’s Bar (give or take sometimes)
- Continuous Class 4-5 action including the Big Dummy Rapid
- Rarely Available!
Rafting trips on the North Yuba River are sought after by paddlers of all experience levels. The runs range from Class 4-5+, and we sometimes combine more than 1 run into a day trip. We know there are folks who may have already done certain sections and are looking for a new one. Please feel free to contact us if you want to check on dates/runs!